This creamy mushroom chicken is super easy to make and is ready within 30 minutes. This recipe has the most delicious, crispy pan-fried chicken, with a delightfully creamy, garlicky mushroom sauce. It goes well with pasta, rice, or mashed potatoes. This recipe makes the perfect last minute lunch or dinner- it's that simple! This is my go to for comfort food, especially during the colder months of the year. This brings back memories of sharing this meal with my cousins countless times. This recipe calls for ingredients that are usually in your fridge, so try out this delicious recipe and please comment your thoughts below!
1 medium onion, diced
3-4 garlic cloves, minced
3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper
1/2 Tablespoon vegeta seasoning or 1 bouillon cube
1/2 cup water
1lb chicken tenders (about 8 pieces), cubed
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon Mrs. Dash
0.75 oz mushroom gravy mix
1 Tablespoon water
2 cups heavy whipping cream
Dill, chopped (optional)
In a large saucepan heat 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil over medium/high heat. Once oil is hot, add diced onions, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Sauté until soft and golden.
2. In a separate cup combine 1/2 Tablespoon vegeta seasoning or 1 bouillon cube and 1/2 cup water. Set aside.
3. Cube and season (1/2 teaspoon paprika and 1/2 teaspoon Mrs. Dash) chicken tenders.
4. Add chicken into frying pan and sauté for about 4-5 minutes until lightly golden.
5. Add bullion mixture and simmer for 3 minutes. Constantly stir.
6. In a separate cup combine mushroom gravy mix and 1 Tablespoon water.
7. Lastly, add gravy mixture and 2 cups heavy whipping cream into the chicken, stir until well combined. Boil for 5 minutes then set aside.
8. Garnish with freshly chopped dill if desired.
To print as a pdf copy click here
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe as much as I do! Please comment below, I'd love to hear all about your thoughts about this recipe!