We always have those mushy bananas laying around that no one wants to eat, so why not make something absolutely tasty out of them? This bread is all kinds of yumminess. I like the sprinkle some brown sugar to add some crunch. Grab a glass of milk and enjoy some banana bread!
Prep time- 15 minutes Cook time- 60 minutes
- 4 peeled bananas (mashed)
- 1/3 cup butter (melted)
- 1 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Walnuts (optional)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mash bananas in a large bowl.
3. Mix melted butter into the bananas .
4. Mix in sugar, vanilla, and egg.
5. Sprinkle in salt and baking soda. Mix it in.
6. Add and mix in flour.
7. Add in and mix optional walnuts.
8. Pour mixture into a buttered loaf pan.
9. Sprinkle sugar on top.
10. Bake for 1 hour.
11. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
12. Slice and serve.
*** Friendly tip, Make sure to let the bread cool before cutting! I know it smells so good and you want to dig in but wait so you get perfect cuts of banana bread.
*Pssst... To open a printer friendly PDF version click here. Enjoy :)
Please comment below!