This post may contain affiliate links, for more info please click here
What is a pistachio lace cookie?
Crispy thin cookie made with finely chopped nuts, butter and sugar.
As the cookie bakes it caramelizes creating that thin "Lacey" pattern.
Back is lightly coated with a thin layer of dark chocolate.
If you haven't had these you're missing out!
Most enjoyable with...
Used in this recipe:
Ingredients for this recipe:
3/4 cup Pistachios
3 Tablespoons Flour
6 Tablespoons Butter
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
2 Tablespoons Honey
2 Tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Vanilla
8 ounces Dark Chocolate (I used Ghirardelli chocolate Chips)
Preheat oven to 350*F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Place 3/4 cup of pistachios in a food processor or blender. Pulse until finely chopped then set aside.
3. In a small saucepan, melt 6 Tbsp butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 2 Tbsp honey, and 2 Tbsp heavy whipping cream for 5-8 minutes until sugar is dissolved. Take off heat.
4. Mix in 3 Tbsp flour, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp vanilla, and chopped pistachios. Allow batter to sit and thicken. (8-10 minutes)
5. Using a measuring teaspoon, scoop out caramel batter onto prepared baking sheets. Place 3 inches apart from each other. (the cookies will spread A LOT as they bake) Bake for 6-7 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely.
6. Meanwhile, in a double boiler (or microwave) melt 8 oz dark chocolate.
7. Flip lace cookie over (flat side up) and spread a thin layer of dark chocolate. Place down (chocolate side up) to let chocolate cool, and seep through the holes. This gives it that beautiful elegant lace look!
8. After chocolate has set, store in sealed container, at room temperature up to 5-7 days!
Click here to print recipe!!!
PLEASE LIKE & COMMENT BELOW!!!